Wednesday 20 March 2013

Latest books

What have we read since last time?

Well. we took two months over Cloud Atlas, and who can blame us? After all it was Christmas and it's a long book.

Next up was Tigers in Red Weather by Lisa Klaussmann. I missed the meeting that discussed this, which was a real shame (but then I was at the launch of The Poisoned Island by Lloyd Shepherd at the time, so at least I was doing something book-related....) I for one really enjoyed Tigers. I found the Ed character and his part of the story quite disturbing though, to say the least, he wasn't a sympathetic character at all. I also found Helena somewhat irritating (understatement of the year). Nick and Hughes were my favourite characters and their story was fascinating - I could have read a whole book just about their relationship. Recommended.

This month's pick is Looking for Alaska by John Green. It's young adult fiction, or teen fiction or whatever that's called these days and I'm pretty sure I'd never have picked it up were it not for book clurb.

No comments:

Post a Comment